Taking mentoring to the next level: HT, CCPA and EXATEC partner up to organize the Summer/Fall 2017 Session of mentorship
The Summer/Fall 2017 mentoring session is presented to you by Hispanotech in partnership with the Canadian Colombian Professional Association (CCPA) and the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) Alumni Association (EXATEC).
This program has no cost, all you need is to be a registered member of one of the partner organizations.
Applications for the 2017 Summer/Fall Mentoring session are now open. If you are a member, you can apply for this program until July 31st @ 6 PM EST.
Here are a few pictures of our last session during the Summer/Fall of 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: The program requires Mentors to participate in the TRIEC Mentor Training Workshop or in one of the TRIEC Mentor Training Webinars listed below.
This training will provide Mentors with the basics needed for a successful relationship with their Mentee and will lead to improved outcomes for the program.
Become The Mentor You Want To Be: Developing Your Cross-Cultural Competency Workshop - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
June 14th – 1:30pm to 4:00pm
TRIEC Offices: 603 – 250 Dundas Street West
Your mentee and the Job search : Making the connection - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
June 21st, 12:00pm
Your mentee and the Job Search: Applying for Jobs and the Hiring Process - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
July 11th, 12:00pm
Benefits of Mentoring for the Mentor
- Renew your enthusiasm as an expert in your field
- Obtain a better understanding of the barriers experienced at lower levels of the organization
- Enhance your skills in coaching, counseling, listening, and role modeling
- Develop and practice your leadership skills, finding your personal style
- Demonstrate your expertise and share your knowledge
- Increase generational awareness
- Give back to the community
Benefits of Mentoring for the Protégé
- Improve your opportunities for a smoother & smarter transition into the labour market
- Improve your career development/advancement and access to management role opportunities
- Build and expand your professional network
- Develop new and/or different perspectives, learning the Canadian business & corporate culture from an expert insider
- Gain the capacity to translate values and strategies into productive action plans
- Complement your formal study/training and professional development activities
- Get assistance with ideas, build on your strengths and realize your full potential
Benefits of Mentoring for Organizations
- New recruits can become more productive faster
- Companies can increase the retention of qualified employees
- Mentors can help prepare employees for executive positions
- Mentoring relationships can improve organization-wide communications
Copyright © Hispanotech 2008. All rights reserved