Taking mentoring to the next level: HT, CCPA and EXATEC partner up to organize the Summer/Fall 2017 Session of mentorship
The Summer/Fall 2017 mentoring session is presented to you by Hispanotech in partnership with the Canadian Colombian Professional Association (CCPA) and the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) Alumni Association (EXATEC).
This program has no cost, all you need is to be a registered member of one of the partner organizations.
Applications for the 2017 Summer/Fall Mentoring session are now open. If you are a member, you can apply for this program until July 31st @ 6 PM EST.
Here are a few pictures of our last session during the Summer/Fall of 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: The program requires Mentors to complete the TRIEC Mentor Training Webinars listed below.
This training will provide Mentors with the basics needed for a successful relationship with their Mentee and will lead to improved outcomes for the program.
Your mentee and the Job search : Making the connection.
Listen to this webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4797047559325752836
Your mentee and the Job Search: Applying for Jobs and the Hiring Process.
Listen to this webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4899075644413433348
Benefits of Mentoring for the Mentor
- Renew your enthusiasm as an expert in your field
- Obtain a better understanding of the barriers experienced at lower levels of the organization
- Enhance your skills in coaching, counseling, listening, and role modeling
- Develop and practice your leadership skills, finding your personal style
- Demonstrate your expertise and share your knowledge
- Increase generational awareness
- Give back to the community
Benefits of Mentoring for the Protégé
- Improve your opportunities for a smoother & smarter transition into the labour market
- Improve your career development/advancement and access to management role opportunities
- Build and expand your professional network
- Develop new and/or different perspectives, learning the Canadian business & corporate culture from an expert insider
- Gain the capacity to translate values and strategies into productive action plans
- Complement your formal study/training and professional development activities
- Get assistance with ideas, build on your strengths and realize your full potential
Benefits of Mentoring for Organizations
- New recruits can become more productive faster
- Companies can increase the retention of qualified employees
- Mentors can help prepare employees for executive positions
- Mentoring relationships can improve organization-wide communications
Copyright © Hispanotech 2008. All rights reserved