Why Volunteer with Hispanotech?
Hispanotech is a 100% volunteer-led and run organization, and our activities and services are only possible thanks to the commitment and dedication of our Volunteers, most of whom have a day job and family obligations.
As a professional, you may feel the need to give back to your community, build on your own skills, make friends or learn from others. The motivation to volunteer may vary for each one of us. If you want to share your skills and time, Hispanotech offers you the opportunity to do so.
Volunteering is a great way to meet people, establish personal and professional connections, and work in a team. The assignments that you receive will likely be along the lines of your career, and may be very valuable to establish Canadian references for your job search or career advancement.
- Volunteers must be registered Members of Hispanotech, and are required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. For positions of higher responsibility you may also be asked to provide a (free) Police Background Check.
- Volunteers also must adhere to our Policies and Procedures manual and Volunteer Commitment Agreement.
- Typical assignments require a commitment of 1 to 3 hours per week for a minimum period of 3 to 6 months.
- Please review our Volunteer's Handbook before applying for a Volunteer position.
Volunteers are managed by the Volunteers Committee and internal volunteer requests define the kind of work and commitment the volunteer will have.
To become a Volunteer with Hispanotech you may:
- Identify the volunteer opportunity by search for an opening in our website; or
- Email the Volunteering Committee to introduce yourself and discuss your interest in getting involved. In this way, we are able to best match your expertise and background to a current or future vacancy.