August 19th, 2021
What is the Joint Mentorship Program 2021?
The objective of the Mentorship Program is to help internationally trained professionals make the transition to work in Canada, improve their skills and confidence while developing professional connections.
The Mentorship Program for 2021 is being jointly organized by Hispanotech, the Canadian Colombian Professional Association, Javerianos en Canada, ISACA Toronto Chapter, PwC’s Latin Inclusion Network, EXATEC GTA, KPMG, TNPM, LPMN and E&Y’s Latin Professional Network.
The program matches immigrant professionals (Mentees) with seasoned professionals (Mentors) already established in Canada who share similar professional backgrounds and career interests.
Over a three-month period, each Mentor-Mentee pair works together defining a realistic set of goals and executing an action plan to achieve these goals.
How does it work?
Participants commit to meet (online or in-person) once per week for three months. The program will try to match Mentors with a Mentee with similar backgrounds and interests.
The program will monitor and support the mentorship relationship through ongoing advice, group interactions, group meetings, networking, and problem‐solving exercises.
This year we will present webinars and provide materials every week for each pair of mentor and mentee.
Mentorship Program Requirements
- Mentors need to have a minimum of 3 years of direct experience in the Canadian labour market in their industry of professional practice
- Mentors and Mentees must be registered members of one or more of the partner organizations (Hispanotech, CCPA, Javerianos en Canada, ISACA, PwC, EXATEC GTA, KPMG, TNPM, LPMN or E&Y)
- Participants must complete a minimum of 12 hours of face-to-face, phone or online meetings in the season period
- They must record each meeting in a log file
- Participate at least in 2 of the 3 group meetings
- Must be eligible to work in Canada as a full-time employee (Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of a Temporary Work Permit)
- Participants that complete all the requirements will receive a certificate of participation in the program
- Upon request, a letter certifying the total volunteer hours will be issued to Mentors so they can claim their Professional Development Units (PDUs)
The Track Record
75+ mentees who graduated from the program have obtained employment in their field, either during the length of the program or in the following 3 months.
The Keys to Success
- Fast paced Mentorship program with approximately 3 months in length “12 weeks to make a difference in someone’s life”
- 3 group meetings to enhance group support and networking
- Close measure and monitoring of progress
- Learn from success stories as well as from peers challenges to move forward
- Support from a dedicated team of Volunteers and Supermentors
Consent for Use of Media
Registration and attendance at, or participation in the Mentorship Program, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit the organizer’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant’s image or voice in photographs, videos, and other electronic reproductions of such events.